Sunday, August 14, 2011

LET THE SUNSHINE IN!

Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, HAIR.........


I began my current NYC adventure by going to see my extremely talented friend - Arbender Robinson - in the current Broadway production of HAIR.  I decided that since this is my first vacation in NYC (I am usually here for performance related work), I wanted to be on the receiving - audience - side of the musical theatre experience.  The production and the cast was electrifying! My friends and I were on the edge of our seats, pulled toward the stage by the raw energy emanating from the cast and musicians. We LOVED it!  I even got to join them on stage at the end of the show for the audience participation portion of "Let the Sunshine In".  I was in heaven, to say the least.  If you live in - or are visiting - NYC, you MUST go see HAIR on Broadway.......and hurry, because it's a limited run.  The production is currently playing, through September 10, 2011.  Go, go, GO!


Theatre Information:St. James Theatre
246 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036


Show Dates:
Performances from 05 Jul 2011
Opening 13 Jul 2011
Closing 10 Sep 2011


Performance Schedule:
Monday and Tuesday @7pm
Wednesday @2 and 8pm
Thursday @7pm, Friday @8pm
Saturday @2 and 8pm


Tickets:
Pricing: $37 - $120
Box Office: Telecharge: (212) 239-6200/(800) 432-7250



The next day, I saw the cast again for an impromtu photo shoot in Central Park........which I was lucky enough to participate in, thanks to my talented friend who is in the production! Here are some highlights:














http://theater.nytimes.com/2011/07/14/theater/reviews/hair-in-diane-pauluss-staging-on-broadway-review.html


I invite you to visit me at elvirabarjau.zenfolio.com

No comments:

Post a Comment